What Is a Luxury Travel Agency?
A luxury travel agency is a travel agency which specializes in ‘luxury travel.’ This often includes all-inclusive trips to far-off destinations, but it isn’t all about price and exotic destinations. Luxury travel agencies create a unique, personalized trip just for you. They include what you want to see, the kind of hotel you want to stay at, and otherwise make it a one-of-a-kind experience.
Related: Top 10 Holiday Destinations
Why Choose a Luxury Travel Agency?
There are many reasons why a person might want to choose a luxury travel agency for their vacation planning needs. If you are traveling to an uncommon place – such as Sudan, Ethiopia, or Nicaragua – you will probably need to use one of these agencies. Also, if you want a customized vacation package that encompasses everything for your trip. Often, people choose luxury travel agencies simply because they offer you the best customer service – an agent who will work with you through every step of the planning process, and even ensure that everything goes according to plan.
Related: A Quick Guide to Luxury Vacations
Tips on Choosing the Best Luxury Travel Agency
Not all luxury travel agencies are the same, and if you are going to be investing money into something, you want to make sure you get the best possible quality. Here are a few tips on how to choose the best luxury travel agency, so that your experience is only the best:
- Make sure you find someone who puts in the necessary time. A travel agent doesn’t have to work 24/7, but they should be willing to put in the required effort for you.
- Find a travel agency that will listen to you. This is incredibly important, as it ensures you are getting exactly what you wanted. If an agent doesn’t take the time to listen to you, or doesn’t seem to care, you’re better off going elsewhere.
- Look at reviews. Before you ever go to your first consultation, check out reviews online. This is an easy way to see what other customer’s thought of their experiences. If multiple review sites boast a great number of positive reviews, it is a good indicator that your experience will also be positive.
- Find a luxury travel agency with experts that are able to offer insight to your travel destinations. While it’s true they should listen to you, it is also important that you listen to them. They have the inside knowledge on places, events, cultures, issues, and everything else you need to know. This expert advice is invaluable when planning your perfect luxury vacation.
- Understand that it may cost more, but this added expense is well worth it. Generally speaking, you shouldn’t sweat the commission rates, but note that if you feel it is exorbitant amount, it might be. The best luxury travel agencies don’t have to charge a 25% to 50% commission rate, because they have a high number of clients. Agencies will less clients will need to charge more. Some of the very best luxury travel agencies, in fact, have commission rates as low as 3-5%.